Nov 17, 2007

Eating coffin with religious faith!!!

 
 

Hey, can you imagine? They are coffin. Left is "garlic taste coffin bread," the other is "coffin meal." But they are delicious!

Coffin meal is a famous Tainan sepcial food. The restaurant I took this picture is proud of their 130 years history. As you see, it's a toast with very thick soup in the middle of it. Soup is usually chicken, seafood, and some vege. I've tried it a year ago somewhere and forgot the place. Recently A teacher showed me a book about a brave Taiwanese woman, which reads feeling and memories about this city, and also have some photos of food. And I found the one of this coffin meal.
You'd bet we've rushed there then, sure. It's in Hai-an(海安) road, where was old streets and streams but rennovated totally as a new town of young people.
The bread is found at the bakery near school. It's not bad neither. I don't like they baked it with too much butter, but I like garlic taste yet.
If you wanna visit and try coffin meal, please see my Picasaweb and check the map. I tried to point out the exact place, however provided map it limited as shown there. But you can find it easily.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: